[spoiler /Show Answer/ /Hide Answer/]A: MEDIATE -> MEDITATE[/spoiler]
That was the only answer I couldn’t find in today’s Sporcle quiz. I coulda been a contenda!
What is Sporcle? Don’t bother clicking – if you do, you’ll be sucked into one of the most compelling time-sinks the internet has ever cooked up.
Simply put, Sporcle is an online trivia quiz site – new quizzes are posted every day. There is seemingly no topic that Sporcle doesn’t touch: at random, I found these:
- Things in the song “If I Had a Million Dollars” (Barenaked Ladies)
- Songs with “Of” in the Title
- One-Word Hitchcock Movie Titles
- Mythological Punishments
- Name All of the Schools in the Major NCAA Conferences
- Batman Villains
- Florida Cities by Population
- Retired Hurricane Names Per Letter
- Things Meat Loaf Won’t Do for Love
- And, of course, Methods of Execution
The cool part of all of this is that not only are there fun quizzes and leaderboards and the usual social networking features, but you can also create your own quizzes. Just in case there isn’t already a quiz on your particular area of expertise.